Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Untitled

I have not been active on my blog for quite some time, but I did have several saved posts which I intended to finish but never have. This post called "Untitled" was just sitting in line waiting to be completed. When I opened the post I was saw a picture of two beautiful luscious peaches. I have no clue what I had intended to blog about!! I was about to delete the picture, but kept looking at the pictures and I found that I was experiencing a sensory memory. I could almost feel the warmth of the peach in my hand and the feeling of juice running down my chin as I bit into one. I tried to describe to myself what it tasted like and couldn't come up with the words and yet I knew exactly what it tasted like. I decided to Google "what does a peach taste like" hoping for a description that was just right, but found this description that yellow peaches have a "classic peachy flavor". (and what is a "peachy" flavor?) Another description was tangy mellowing to sweetness. Anyone who has tasted a yellow- red  (orange) sun ripened peach can tell you those words are inadequate.  I probably should say "were" inadequate because in the last few years I have been disappointed with the taste of all summer fruits. I imagine they are picked before they can be sun ripened and often there is little taste--or juice! 

No comments:

Post a Comment