Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Coffee and a Post Card from Paris



Today was a sweetly pleasant day--it started with a cup of Chai tea and a piece of toast while reading a book--In the afternoon a friend and I stopped at Caribou Coffee for a wonderful cup of coffee mixed with dark chocolate  We sat in front of a fireplace-- which was not burning since it was a very warm day-- in two comfortable leather chairs and chatted about everything from grandchildren to books--


After dropping my friend off at home, I returned home to finish some laundry and think about what to have for dinner--When the mail came I was pleased to find a post card from my oldest granddaughter who is spending a semester abroad studying in Italy--her post card was mailed from Paris where she was spending time during her "spring break"--She knows that I have dreamed about going to France and Paris for a while-
The front of the post card contained various images of Paris Landmarks

Arch de triumph

Notre Dame
Sacre-Coeur  Basilica 


Black Cat  Cabaret Poster

1889 Paris Expedition

She wrote that she was sitting on the grass in front of the Eiffel Tower eating colorful macaroons:



She related that there were bookstores and cafes on almost every corner--"a city meant for you" she said! She hoped that someday I would get the chance to experience its beauty myself! She was lucky enough to have a friend who was once a foreign exchange student who stayed with her family who lives in Paris in an apartment overlooking the Seine and Notre Dame! Her closing words were "I wish you were here to share it with me" which of course brought tears to my eyes!




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are blogging again. I enjoy reading your thoughts and this one was wonderful. I could see myself drinking coffee (which I don't)and hearing from a granddaughter in France.
    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete