Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Worry and Fear





Just as I was expressing delight and pleasure in the fact that my granddaughter is studying abroad for a semester as well as traveling in Europe getting to visit many different countries, comes the news of the airport and Metro bombings by terrorists in Brussels--Not only is my granddaughter in Europe, but her parents (my daughter and her husband) just arrived in Italy, taking the opportunity to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary and visit with their daughter--I was concerned when my granddaughter first went abroad as the attacks in Paris happened shortly before her long planned for trip, but she went and has been enjoying visiting Scotland, England and Paris as well as many places in Italy all the while using public transportation  I began to relax and feel happiness that she is able to make these memories--Now most of my family is in Europe and the US State Department has issue a warning about travel to and in Europe, to stay away from public transportation, public places, sporting events, etc Sitting here at home I am fearful and worried about them all and dismayed that this situation will affect what may be a "once in a lifetime" opportunity--The President and other "experts" espousing opinions tell us not to give in to fear, not to curtail our activities, etc So since I am confined to home due to at least 12 inches of snow and blizzard winds, I will sit and monitor news coverage and think of my family




1 comment:

  1. It is a scary time in our world....not at all as when I was growing up. Hope your family arrives home safely and with many stories to tell!

    ReplyDelete