Friday, April 24, 2015

A Different Experience





Two days after my "breakfast alone" I had a much different restaurant experience--I had lunch with a group of friends from my Book Club on the patio of Lucile's Creole and Cajun Cafe; there was lots of talking and laughter! One of the ladies was the former "leader" of the Book Club who moved to another town, turning over her leadership to me--we all miss her and enjoy her company, so much so that at least some of us try to meet her for a meal now and then somewhere between where she lives and where we live--Once we chatted for a while, we finally decided on our orders; we started out with Beignets, coffee and tea, then two of us ordered the Blackened Salmon and Mashed Potatoes, another had "Wash Day" Red Beans and Rice, another a Shrimp Po'Boy and another the Oyster Po'Boy--there are other traditional items on the menu, such as Collard Greens, Andioulle sausage, Gumbo and Crawfish  Everyone enjoyed their meals but most of all I know we enjoyed the conversation and the continuing friendship  After several hours we had to head home and of course there was the "splitting of the bill" routine--

Instead of a solitary meal, I had an enjoyable one with friends and good company and I did not look around at any of the other patrons having lunch, nor did I pay any attention to other conversations being held! 

On the way home, the four of us stopped at The Cheese Importers, which also houses a little restaurant and "all things French" and Italian--sunny pottery, brightly colored table linens, books, mugs, olive oils, pastas and a large cooler (so cold that they provide jackets you can wear when entering) filled with all types of cheese's--there are samples of some to help you make a decision--it is a fun place to visit (this was my second visit) and I can never leave without buying something!



Bar Inside The Cheese Importers
Gifts, Pastas, Breads

3 comments:

  1. You are so right about eating meals with friends. I also enjoyed our outing and thank you for being the social secretary and getting us all together!

    ReplyDelete